The floor pads are constructed of high quality, high porosity fiber for durability. Floor pads are available for cleaning, buffing, burnishing, scrubbing, and floor stripping. Xtreme Polishing Systems floor scrubber pads are of the highest quality material with consistent results throughout the life of the pad.
Floor scrubber pads are saturation coated for constant performance for the life of the pad. The range of floor pads is of Premium categories that have excellent quality, offering huge advantages in durability, productivity, and cleaning performance. Innovations in our floor pad designs have also led to a significant reduction in Hand-Arm Vibration, which is greatly beneficial for the users.
Use of Floor Scrubber Pads:
- From pads that strip away floor finish without chemicals to pads for uneven floor types, and even double sided pads, Parish Supply floor pads are truly innovative.
- In addition to the high level of performance, these floor pads are available at a great price, making them cost-effective.
Seasoned floor maintenance personnel understand how to specify the correct floor pad for the most efficient burnishing, buffing, scrubbing and stripping procedures. Xtreme Polishing System can help end users avoid using a floor pad that is too weak to have an effect and essentially would be a waste of time. On the other hand, a floor pad that’s too aggressive can cause problems that require extensive remediation. “It begins by determining the function such as stripping, cleaning, scrubbing, buffing, polishing or burnishing. Once known, the question of floor type, floor finish, and machine type need to be addressed.”
Types of Floor Pads:
- Buffing pads are lightest in color and remove scuff marks and dirt floors. Buffing takes the dirt up and brings a semi-gloss back to the wax.
- Cleaning pads are designed to clean a little more aggressively than buffing pads, and remove dirt off a floor’s surface without removing floor finish. Depending on traffic, some technicians follow this up with burnishing, using a slightly more aggressive pad during wet or wintry weather to help get the job done in a timely manner.
- Slightly more aggressive than cleaning pads are scrubbing pads.They remove the top layer or two of wax, along with all of the scratches and dirt.
- The blue or green scrub pad will remove one to two coats, giving the floor a uniform, dull surface. Then users can apply another coat or two of floor finish.
- To remove more coats of wax, users turn to stripping pads which are darker in color.Stripping pads with open weaves can resist loading up with finish, so the pad can do its job, not float on the surface
Floor Pad Compositions
- Most floor pads are a composition of synthetic and natural fibers. Synthetics such as nylon and polyester create softer pads, while natural fiber content (hog hair, coconut, walnut, etc.) creates a coarser, more aggressive pad.
- The reason hog bristle works better than other natural fibers, is because it’s hollow and can heat up and cool down.
Before choosing a floor pad, users need to determine the hardness of the finish, the frequency of care, the equipment, and the chemical being used. It’s a recipe that can be fine-tuned until an end-user knows exactly what works for their needs.