Clothing is referred to as clothes. Clothes are worn by people to keep themselves protected from different types of weather. There are so many different types of clothing items that are used by the people of different types of religions. Some of the clothing items that should be worn by the Muslim travelers are mentioned below with a short description of them:
Head coverings of men and women
- Hijabs: These are the head coverings used by the women of the Muslim religion. These are the head coverings that are square in shape. These are used by women to cover their heads in front of any male members other than their husbands. These coverings are short than other head coverings.
- Khimar: These are the rectangularly shaped head coverings that the women use for their own privacy. These coverings are also worn by men in front of male members. These are long head coverings that are usually draped around the neck and lie till the waist. These head coverings are also used by women while doing prayers.
- Niqabs: These are the face veils but come under the category of head coverings. These are the clothing items that are used by the women to cover their heads as well as their faces. These are the clothing items used by the women of strict countries. People can buy these Muslim women clothing online at easy prices.
- Ghutra and Egal: These are the head coverings used by men of Muslim culture. Ghutra is the red and white colored head covering whereas Egal is a rope. Egal is used by the people to Ghutra in its place. These head coverings are mainly used by the Sheiks of Dubai.
- Pagdi: This is again a heavy type of head covering mainly used by the people of Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. Pagdi is available in different types of colors.
Maxi-type dresses of men and women
- Thobe: This is a white colored long maxi like dress used by the men to cover their bodies. These are the dresses that keep the bodies of men warm from the cold weather. These dresses are usually worn with a pair of a loose fitted T-shirt.
- Abaya: These are the maxi type of clothing items used by the women of Muslim countries. Female travelers can wear this clothing item while traveling to Muslim countries. This dress covers the women fully from the top to the bottom.
Coat-like dresses of men and women
- Kaftans: These are the coat like dresses worn by both men and women of Muslim countries. These are the dresses that are attached to a robe in the center. The robe helps the people to tie the kaftan in its place properly. These dresses keep the person warm.
- Bisht: These are the coat-like dresses worn by the men of Muslim countries. These dresses are usually worn by men while going to marriages or parties. Therefore, the plus point of these dresses is that it helps to keep the bodies warm.
These above mentioned are some of the Muslim dress for women and men that can be worn while traveling to Muslim countries.